Watch This – Ritual: Crown of Horns Launch Trailer, Out Now for PC and Switch
Taking the classic gunslinger into the bowels of monster-slaying, Ritual: Crown of Horns is a stylistic top-down shooter from publisher Feardemic and developer Draw Distance who has had the game out on Early Access for the past few months now, absorbing feedback and balancing the game, which has finally reached retail full release success, dropping today for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
Taking us a bit by surprise as it crossed our desk overnight, Ritual: Crown of Horns fills a basic action void with an over-the-top setting we’re now heavily invested in, having requested review code. Here’s the official word.
Ritual: Crown of Horns is a slaughterhouse: a fast-paced action game set in an alternate Wild West, a demonic version of a hellish frontier. This arcade-inspired title unravels a tale about an unlikely duo: a bounty hunter who comes back from beyond the grave, yearning to exact revenge on his killers and a witch who aids him with a series of powerful rituals to further her own agenda.
Push back hordes of enemies, while the witch performs her ritual. Work a varied arsenal of firearms to your advantage: mindfully swapping between weapons and spells. Unlock new tools and powerful items which boost your gunslingers stats and changes their look. Travel throughout the Weird West picking your missions and planning future unlocks to finally exact your revenge!
Ritual: Crown of Horns is a skill based game, where split-second decisions and planning on the go are more powerful than button mashing and throwing yourself mindlessly at enemies.
- Unique auto-aiming system
- A satisfying arsenal at your disposal such as shotguns, six-shooters, rifles, crossbows, and a few surprises that are a little less era-appropriate.
- Outrageous enemies to fight including brainwashed cultists, supernatural legendary creatures, bizarre murderous contraptions
- Creative spells and power-ups that can violently alter the way you approach each combat encounter.
- Unique Gothic Horror meets Weird Western artstyle.
Read more here:: AusGamers